Roles and Responsibilities
Job applications are invited for the role of digital designer at various positions for Class-A surface release with Autodesk Alias software. Class-A Surfacing is an important milestone in automotive design projects to bridge gaps between Styling design and engineering/manufacturing
Purpose of the Role
Main role of a Digital Designer is to bridge gaps between Styling Design and engineering/manufacturing. A digital designer is good at multiple skills e.g. physical model making, mesh modeling, surface modeling, solid modeling, 3D CAD visualization etc. He/She also possesses a good knowledge of engineering, part detailing and manufacturing processes. One of the core responsibility of a digital designer is to ensure quality expectations, customer expectations and supplier expectations.
1. To deliver Class-A surface model with best in class design intent for downstream engineering and final production.
2. Delivery of surfacing projects for 2 wheelers and 3 wheelers
3. To accommodate packaging, engineering, homologation requirements in surface models through iterative design process (input: sketch, Scan, engineering CAD etc.)
4. To support proto development Visualization for new design validation
5. To negotiate and resolve conflicts by working with suppliers and internal customers for feasible and practical solution
6. To evaluate manufacturing feasibility of surface models and coordinate with concept designers, engineers, other sections of R&D and manufacturers
7. To lead a group, motivate and achieve quality, cost and timeline targets
Applicant should have received "Bachelor of design" or "Master of design" in Industrial design, Product Design, Transportation design etc. from a reputed institute as a regular student. Bachelor of Engineering or Architecture as a regular student from a reputed institute. The candidate should have relevant industry experience of 2-15 years.
Proficiency in Autodesk Alias, Mesh Modeling, Solid Modeling, 3D rendering etc.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Role Category:Engineering Design
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization
TVS MOTOR COMPANY LTD