What will you learn and do?
This person will be responsible for overseeing all engineering related activities of the team, ensuring proper execution of duties and alignment with the businesss overall vision. The person will be a seasoned organizational and people leader, with deep understanding and experience of data architectures, information systems deployment and storage techniques and information management.
The person will work with cross functional teams across the company to provide advanced data management and analytical systems and services. The ideal candidate will not only have broad data engineering experience, but will be passionate about emerging technologies, engineering and technology best practices. He/she will also be an astute mentor, with the ability to balance appropriate delegation with timely, personalized mentorship.
- Cultivate a customer-centric, results-driven data engineering organization
- Partner with internal teams and external vendors to ingest, store and enrich data throughout the organization within the enterprise data lake and underlying warehouses/data marts/etc
- Operate as a thought leader with the ability to guide, influence, and inspire peak performance across the data architecture design and ETL functions
- Lead large-scale integration and replatforming efforts with CRM and Customer Engagement Platform (CEP) systems – both internally and externally – to enhance the data and marketing platform infrastructure
- Collaborate with Business leaders, Data Science, IT and Digital App Development teams on implementing machine learning algorithms at scale to facilitate audience intelligence, segmentation and personalization initiatives
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence and extended analytics groups on data mart optimizations, query tuning, and data model designs with a focus on delivering actionable insights
- Work strategically to align data assets, storage, and computation/query layers to support long-term data platform goals, help define data models, publish metadata, guide best practice ETL standards
- Make sound architectural decisions across relational, multi-dimensional, distributed and object-based storage platforms
- Mentor engineers and participate in code reviews
- Execute proof of concepts to assess strategic opportunities and future, next-generation data processing and integration capabilities with a focus on recommending scalable, elastic and extensible solutions that yield positive ROI
- Proven ability to lead and mentor a highly technical engineering team while also demonstrating the ability to discuss, understand and synthesize solutions for the business needs and data management requirements of other organizational units
- Ability to collaborate with business unit leadership as well as individual members of the team with strong empathy, and ability to creatively problem solve
- More than 15 years of experience in data engineering and data management
- 4-6 years of experience with distributed data frameworks, Hadoop and related architectures (Hive, Spark, Presto, EMR)
- Hands-on experience in designing and managing data lakes, data warehouses and downstream marts
- Hands-on experience with AZURE ecosystem (Databricks, Data factory, HDInsight, Event Hubs, AKS, Azure DevOps etc.)
- Exposure to modern development approaches (containerization, microservices, CI/CD)
- Hands-on experience with relational database platforms (Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL)
- Solid understanding of real time (e.g. Kafka) and batch data processing frameworks, DAG schedulers (Airflow, Luigi, etc)
- Solid understanding of SOA design and implementation
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Have a collaborative work style with strong desire to work in dynamic, fast paced environment that requires flexibility and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Science disciplines, or comparable STEM related degree
- Experience with online media data at scale (web/ad/video/email event streams, identity graphs/maps)
- Exposure to graph processing frameworks (Neo-4j, Neptune, DGraph)
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Role Category:Senior Management
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:Any Graduate in Any Specialization
TVS MOTOR COMPANY LTD
At TVS Motors, we like to help people meet their mobility needs with our products. We offer our products (sports bikes, scooters, utility mopeds etc.) to users across India as well as 60+ countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
At TVS Data Science & Engineering Group, we are a community of Data Scientists, Machine Learning Researchers and Data Engineers, working to drive TVS Motors research in machine learning & deep learning solutions. We partner with our end customers, business teams, AI/ML vendors and digital application development teams to build data products in different areas of the customer value chain.
Contact Company:TVS MOTOR COMPANY LTD
Address:Post Box No 4,,,Harita,Hosur, , , KRISHNAGIRI, Tamilnadu, India