Roles and Responsibilities
TVS MOTOR COMPANY – DESIGN STUDIO:
TVS Motor Design is an in-house design and innovation studio at TVS Motor Company. Our purpose is to design meaningful personal transportation products and experiences that have an enduring impact on our customers. Founded in 1982, our design studio has designed all of our products with a specific focus on the Indian and ASEAN markets. Our products are popular in over 50 countries all over the world.
THE TVS DESIGN TEAM:
The design studio is an energetic cultural mix of concept, graphic, product, UI/UX and digital designers.
We are realists with vivid imagination, optimists with a sense of purpose, driven to change the scope of personal transportation. We ask questions, poke holes at conventional solutions, thrive on diversity of thought, and believe that design only works if it changes people’s lives for the better. All of our products right from the humble moped, the fun Scooty, the hyper-performance Apache to the ubiquitous auto rickshaws are designed with passion for excellence in form, performance and usage.
If you’re a doer and a thinker who desires a dynamic environment where you get to experiment and explore, we’d love to hear from you. Explore our work at www.tvsmotor.com to learn about the types of challenging problems you’ll help solve.
We are biased towards designers who are passionate about two wheelers.
Dream. Create. Enjoy
WE ARE LOOKING FOR LEAD CONCEPT DESIGNERS WHO NATURALLY :-
1. Have 4 to 15 years of automotive design experience, preferably with two wheelers; with a degree in Transportation Design / Industrial Design
2. Hold themselves to the highest standards of work, with a continual focus on what design is best for your user and for the organization.
3. Possess strong knowledge and experience in automotive design with a focus on innovation.
4. Are excited about new technologies and how they can be folded into meaningful solutions.
5. Can nimbly move up and down the ladder of abstraction, seeing the big picture while being able to get the details right.
6. Love working with a team, learning from them, creating with them, and sharing with them.
7. Aren’t afraid of sharing raw ideas or building on other’s ideas; don’t hold your own concepts more precious that another’s concept.
8. Always want to learn new things, whether you are idle, on the move or at a project. You also want to weave your learning to enrich our design methodology.
9. Have excellent communication and presentation skills and have desire to share what you know.
10. Can understand complex systems and the relationships among people, services, and products.
11. Can manage and lead design projects from concept to realization.
SKILLSET & EXPERIENCE IN :-
1. Rapid and iterative prototyping with high proficiency in tools whether that is in 2D/3D softwares, clay or a combination of tools.
2. Able to think on the fly with a pen in your hand, or with post-it notes or simply can explain an idea with a sketch or a story.
3. Possess fluid and easy mastery in the standard design skillset.
4. Familiarity with physical prototyping tools is a plus.
5. Project management skills.
Role:Design & Development Engineer
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional Area:Research & Development
Role Category:Engineering & Manufacturing
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
PG:M.Des. in Product Design, Transportation & Automobile Design
TVS MOTOR COMPANY LTD